Sunday, March 15, 2009

NLC, North Little Rock

Down the road from The Summit Church is another church that doesn't look like a church, NLC, which stands for Next Level New Life Church. I saw its twin when I was last in Conway, so I assume since it calls itself "One Church" with "Multiple Locations," they all look more or less the same. (There's another branch in Heber Springs and many more around the country.)

Again, I want to stress there are many paths to God and far be it from me to criticize the manner in which anybody or any church body goes about doing so. Let me add that I am 54 years old and clearly older than the demographic this 'dotTV' church is attempting to reach. But I think it's worth asking whether all churches of a particular denomination should look alike. I mean, we're not talking about Burger Kings or Holiday Inns here. It seems to me churches - the structures, not just the ministries - should be a cut above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not "Next Level" it's "New Life"... please visit and I think you might change your mind. My 85 year old mother loves it! I've gotten more out of this church in the last 3 years than I did in the years growing up in the large Immanuel Bapt. in LR.

Jay King said...

I don't doubt or question that. And sorry for getting the name wrong. I was getting it mixed up with another NLC church.