Monday, July 13, 2009

unknown, North Little Rock

My wife thinks I should be more positive and less critical on this project, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

This church must have been built alongside Main Street in North Little Rock at least ten years ago. I don't know if there has ever been a sign identifying the name of the church. Maybe that's a commendable thing. I mean, when you know who lives there, must God's name be on the mailbox?

Still...

I guess what bothers me about this church is its scale. Not its size, but its scale. There are larger churches in the LR metro area, but this one fills an entire block in a neighborhood filled with small and modest sized homes. It just feels incongruous and out of scale with its surroundings.

Maybe it's just me.

----------------------------------

Update - The church has a sign now. It's called Full Counsel Metro Church.

No comments: